Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Eye Heart Travis

Okay so I am not really a big fan of Valentine's Day, but I do agree with Hallmark in that it is a good opportunity to remind your special someone (and remind yourself too) how special they are to you. Since my kids normally get the spotlight (let's face it though they are damn cute) Travis gets center stage for this post



15 Reasons I love Travis

1. He is a runner and therefore has great legs and great endurance - 'nuff said

2. He is GREAT dad

3. He is an engineer and gets my stupid heat and material transfer jokes (or at least pretends to)

4. He is also a reality TV junkie with me and is not afraid to admit it
5. I love that I have a live-in IT support person (most of the time at least)

6. He is seriously the best cook on the grill - his burgers and wings are amazing

7. I have absorbed through osmosis a significant amount of information about HD TV's, computer video capture cards and other electronic techie things and therefore can "hang" with the geeks I work with, and they are always surprised I know what the difference between 1080i and 760p is.

8. Everyone who meets Travis loves him and sees what a great guy he is (and then wonders why he is with me)

9. Travis makes me laugh even when I am so mad I could pop his head off!

10. He has promised to drive my minivan permanently so I can have a new sporty mid-life crisis car in 2 years.

11. He is my #1 biggest fan and althetic supporter (that didn't sound right, I just mean he is always cheering for me at my races even though I am slow, he's not actually a jock strap)

12. Travis is closer to my brothers than I am and I love that they are buddies

13. He let me paint my kitchen Carolina Blue, but we are not Tarheel fans - please, we are still definitely wolfpack fans

14. It still surprises me when he compliments me or tells me I look nice - usually its when I have put little or no effort into my attire or makeup/hair
15. He lets me shop and never questions my purchases!





1 comment:

margie kristiansen said...

I love your reasons!!!!
Hislen Margie