Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pinehurst Olympic Triathlon 2009

This was the 2nd year I did this race, and I am sure I will be doing it again next year. Its the last race in the NC triathlon series and its a BEAUTIFUL swim and FUN event. I always meet the nicest people and have the best time. That was true for this year too. This year was particularly special b/c my friend from Australia was visiting so she came along! Jen and I have known each other longer that Travis and I have known each other and no matter how much time we are apart, we always have such a great time together. I love her dearly, and am so lucky to have her!

The weather channel predicted cold rain, but luckily the rain held off for the morning. The water was a PERFECT 72 at start, and the sun even came out a few times during the bike and the run. I did run the race knowing I had a hernia. Given that injury, the only part of the race where I suffered was the run. My swim was strong and despite and insanely TOUGH bike course I felt strong and had one of the better times in my age group.

Now I am recovering with minimal training, and hoping I am healthy enough to start training next month for 2010 Triathlon season!

Jen and me at the beginning of the race

Sammy was helping me get psyched for the swim

Damn! I look so bad ass in this pic!

Finishing the bike leg - it was a doozie!Finishing the race, I managed a smile even after I had to stop and push my guts back into my abdomen at mile #2!

2 comments:

margie kristiansen said...

I don,t think I would get in your way!!!!
Hilsen Margie

scottie said...

Nice finish at Pinehurst..I see in your last running pic you're beating my training buddy Harold! lol Awesome. Maybe I'll see you in the '10 tri season.