Tuesday, July 14, 2009

2009 Triangle Triathlon

I competed in the triangle triathlon for the 2nd year in a row. This year the location was "upgraded"to the local lake next to the nuclear power plant. The lake was warm, as expected, and I might even grow a third nipple after being in the lake used as cooling water for the nuclear power plant!

the swim was competitive! The water was choppy and there was a strong current. Othwise I had a good swim, and apparently so did everyone else in my wave, darn it!
Having a little fun as I come out of transition and start the bike ride. It was a great course so pretty and great rolling hills!


Okay my transitions still completely suck! I swear I spent at least 45 second tying my darn shoes! Trav took a picture of me tying my shoes!

the run was hilly and hot... and on GRAVEL! I was not prepared for that at all, but managed through it, with a run PR of 26 minutes
I ran a good race - my personal record and never felt stronger. I definitely earned an afternoon nap and a few adult beverages, which I got later that day!

No comments: