Sunday, April 19, 2009

Beaverdam Olympic Triathlon

First Race of the season at Falls Lake. I knew it would be cold so I was prepared for that. I had no idea how hilly the bike and run courses would be! Other than a disappointing swim I had a strong bike and strong run. It the beginning of the swim I got smacked and my goggles came off. Between the freezing water temp and treading water, it took me a while to gain my bearings, adding at least 8 minutes onto my swim time. Once I got going though I felt strong and was swimming well. My mom who is the ultimate cheerleader took the following pics!

The Swim
I am not gonna lie, it was damn cold. At the last minute I decided to put on neoprene booties and a thermal cap that my friend let me borrow, and I was so glad I did!




Basically my face says, "holy crap that was COLD!"


The Bike - a little hilly and a lot of windy! This is always my most favorite leg. And it was so pretty out my then - I even chicked a guy (when a girl passes a guy, the he got CHICKED!)



Transition - definitely not my strongest point, hopefully this will improve!

The Run
This was HILLY! The pictures dont do the hills justice. Despite that I had a strong run, and felt great throughout, which I was pleased with!


Finish
I had enough in me to finish strong and then eat a turkey sandwich!


Then on the way home I clipped a curb, popped a tire and caused significant damage to 2 rims of my car. I guess you could say I went out with a bang!?

2 comments:

margie kristiansen said...

Great article!!! I loved your face after coimg out of the H20!! That said it all. Hope to see a race one of these days!!!
Hilsen Margie Norway

Frances Vineyard said...

Wow, I feel like I was there! Way to go!