Monday, April 6, 2009

One CRAZY Weekend

Travis and I have always wondered what our true capacity for "busy" is. Well this weekend we figured it out. Apparently in one weekend it IS humanly possible to fit in a 3000m swim, spin class, 10K road race, and a 50 mile bike ride, while selling over $300 worth of junk on craigslist. And those activities were just for me. Meanwhile, Travis enlisted the help of Kelley and my dad to complete phase 3 of the rock wall, put up a zip line, and watch some basketball and drink a "few" beers. We also managed a wonderful Easter dinner (a week early) with my parents and grandparents including a fun egg hunt for the kids. Oh wait, Sammy had ballet and Jason had tee-ball too! Phew!
Cary Road Race
Sammy and my mom were my offical cheer squad while I ran a 10K road race




Sammy's First Ballet lesson
Okay, CUTENESS alert - Sammy was so excited about ballet, it was damn adorable. She was also very excited about the "special ballet shoes" That's my girl!
Jason's Tee ball
Just stop the cuteness already. Not only is jason ridonkulously cute in his little uniform, but he was so happy he got the #13 jersey! Very funny!

Rock Wall and Zip Line

The rock wall is complete!

Phase 3 was installed thanks to the tireless efforts of my dad and Kelley. Special thanks are provided to Budweiser and Michelob

Yes the wall has night-time lighting too! Soon it will have HD capacity and lossless sound

And this is my father's contribution - a ZIP LINE! According to my dad, all kids should have 2 things growing up, a zip line and a tree house. Funny that we didn't have either as kids.

Next plans - NONE! We are exhausted! This coming weekend we plan to RELAX!

1 comment:

margie kristiansen said...

Sammy looks so cute !! Is Travis on the T line too!! Looks like fun to me!!
Snow is melted- grilled twice this week!!!
Hilsen Noth Pole