Thursday, April 2, 2009

Projects, Princess and Playdate

Projects

We are so lucky to have my parents close by. We try to have Sunday dinner with them every week. This is a tradition I grew up with and hope to carry through to my children. Its important to have more formal sit down dinners on a regular basis for so many reasons. Besides the comaraderie of family and friends around the dinner table, its a great time to try new recipes, use our dining room (holla Teri) and introduce the kids to new foods and tastes. This sunday we were at my parents for a barbeque and per usual they always plan ahead and have some special projects for the kids.
Jason worked very hard a assembling some legos

Travis and Sammy worked to paint and decorate some disney fairy princess flower pots.

Ballerina Princess

Another reason that it is so special to hae my parents nearby is that my mo has literally saved all of my special outfits and trinkets. On Sunday, Grandma got out MY first tutu and it was Sammy's size! Of course she LOVED wearing it and we literally had to convince her not to sleep in it!

Playdate

Finally we are starting to experience warmer weather which really helps with our playdates with Sara Jane and Sophia. Its very sweet to see that the 4 kids still play nicely together even though they are all diferent ages and dont always love playing the same games


Of course Jason found something to climb!

1 comment:

margie kristiansen said...

So cute in your tutu!! jason is climbing everything!!!
(Looking for a pic with my outfit??? Did it fit???)
Hilsen Norway