Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Introduction and First Post

I have been looking for a way to chronicle my life's struggles, humorous embarassments and general acheivements. Mostly for my kids in the future to read but also for my own benefit so that I do not lose perspective of all that I have and all that I have become through this crazy thing called life.

I titled the blog wanna-be superwoman becuase I have always strived for perfection and have difficulty saying no to others. I pack my days chock-full with activities starting at 5am and finishing when we all pass out at night. It often seems I am building skills for life that are important but do not belong on a professional resume, so I am going to start keeping a real-life resume. My initial qualifications are as follows:

Work Experience
  • A mom to 2 beautiful children
  • A wife of 7 years to a wonderful husband
  • A senior quality engineer which keeps things interesting and pays the bills
  • A runner
  • triathlete, competing in sprint and olympic distances
  • A road cyclist with a continual supply of matching outfits
  • A violinist playing in the Raleigh Symphony for 10 years now
  • A housekeeper (well sort of)
  • An avid fashion consultant to my family and friends
  • Reality TV junkie
  • Avid Reader, book club member
  • Expert Online shopper (as certified by amazon.com)

Skills

  • ability to find the humor in most any situation, even when its inappropriate
  • extreme sarcasm
  • negotiating skills (I almost always win)
  • Ability to talk "potty talk" with my children in attempt to appear as a "cool" parent
  • can juggle 5 bags of groceries, 2 sippy cups, half eaten lollipops, and a 2 year old and 5 year old in the bathroom at the local grocery store while retreiving wipes and hand sanitizer from my diaper bag while simultaneously talking on the phone trying to make plans for later that afternoon
  • have yet to lose my kids in a public area (trust me this is a HUGE accomplishment)
  • Regardless of time of day I can always drink a martini - I also make a darn good margarita (sauza!)
  • Have obtained an insane amount of information about HD and its technical specifications and associated peripherals via the process of osmosis data transfer from my husband
  • ability to bullshit in almost any situation

So that's a little sneak peak into my current skill set. I intend to use this blog to communicate about my favorite things which are my family, friends, traithlons, cocktails, music, TV, and other misc items. Please enjoy and feel free to comment whener you feel appropriate (or not - that's funnier anyway).

2 comments:

margie kristiansen said...

Oh I just love your blog. Thanks so much!! I think you described yourself to the T!!!! You always make me laugh!
"HILSEN" FROM NORWAY
Margie

Kelsi said...

I am so excited about your blog!! You have already made me laugh :)

And seriously, could your kids be any cuter?!?!

Oh and this is Kelsi, not Kelly! :) Hahaha!!