Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

This entry is dedicated solely to Thanksgiving which seems to be bogarted entuirely this year by the retail industry. In years past the radio stations would at least wait until AFTER Thankgiving to start playing Christmas music. And last year there was actually a section in Target dedicated to thankgiving and fall decorations. That did not happen this year. TWO local radio stations started playing holiday music on November 1st, and simultaneously Target forgot Thanksgiving and put out Christmas decorations. Poor little forgotten holiday - and its the one I love most! I dont want Thanksgiving to be an afterthought - we should celebrate as it is intended to be recognized: a day of thanks, a shitload of food, football, afternoon naps, and awkward family moments.

Of course I will provide the obligatory "what I am thankful for list."

1. My family - kids, husband, brothers, sis in laws, nephew, parents, cousins - you name it. I have always recognized the importance of family but I think this year I really started to understand what that cliche means. I have the best family and our moments together are always filled with laughter.


2.My new job. Its been many years since I have looked forward to going into work every day and feeling like I might be making a difference. Luckily I have that job now, I start in 2 weeks and I couldn't be more excited

3. Designer Jeans. these amaze me. How can these jeans make my ass look so good when other seemingly equivalent jeans don't? Its a miracle of modern fashion - ranks right up there with spanx and sticker bras!

4. martinis. i love martinis, but every time I turn around there is some new exotic flavor. I admit I do enjoy tasting them, but I always come back to old faithful vodka dirty martini.

5. laughter. I am so lucky to have friends and family that surround me with laughter and fun. This is the most important thing to me. No matter what I always try to keep a sense of humor. This morning I caught Jason peeing in a pitch black bathroom with the door closed. When I asked him how he knows where to "go" he replied, "Mom, I have AWESOME night vision!" I love that stuff - hilarious!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!